3.3.08

Amazing New Blog


Anthony Bourdain hates vegans and most of us just find him to be a pompous ass. Wow Anthony Bourdain, you're such a badass, you cook fancy pantsy food for a living and host a show on the travel channel. If that doesn't say "rebel", I don't know what does. But seriously, here's his infamous comment on veganism:

"Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food (Kitchen Confidential p.70)."

I believe that says it all....well, basically it's saying he's a narrow minded sadist, but maybe that's just my opinion.
Anyways, the point of this post is to bring your attention to the best new vegan blog, Hezbollah Tofu (http://hezbollahtofu.blogspot.com/). It's mission is to veganize Anthony Bourdain's recipes and show him that vegans aren't a bunch of starving twig eaters. You should definitely submit a veganized recipe...I'm going to get one of his cookbooks from the library and veganize some freakin recipes.....I might also draw a Hitler mustache on his picture...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

omg that's amazing-- I'll have to check out that blog for sure.

Jamie the Foodie said...

i'm checking out the blog right now! but my point to him is, what decent chef would ruin his taste buds by smoking cigarettes? any good foodie knows they ruin the buds!

Kathy said...

love this. thanx!
kathy